The HypnoBirthing Childbirth method is a philosophy of birth as well as a technique for achieving a satisfying, gentle, and stress-free birthing. HypnoBirthing teaches the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner. You will learn to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant and thus lessen or eliminate discomfort and the need for medication. With HypnoBirthing, you will be aware and fully in control, but profoundly relaxed.
“When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change.”-Marie F. Mongan
- Teaches deep levels of relaxation to eliminate the fear that causes tension and pain
- Greatly reduces and often eliminates the need for chemical painkillers and drugs
- Shortens the first phase of labor
- Leaves mother alert, fresh, awake and with energy
- Helps keep oxygen supplied to baby during birthing
- Reduces the need for an episiotomy
- Reduces and often eliminates fatigue during labor
- Empowers parents with techniques to achieve a gentle, calm birth for themselves and their baby
- Gives the birthing companion an integral role in the birthing
- Embraces the concept of pre-birth parenting
- Teaches breathing techniques that allow a woman to gently breathe her baby into the world without the violence of hard, physical pushing.